Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chapter 1; Welcome To My Life

Being a teenager is hard.  You're treated like a child but expected to act like an adult.  The kids you're sent to school with are vicious and judgemental.  Teachers make you do mountains of homework each night and the tests are harder than flying a plane.  Who cares about math and science if you're going to be a famous musician someday?  Seriously, highschool is the most pointless excuse of an education ever.  That would be why I did what I wanted to instead of waste my precious lifetime being a straight A student and going to sleep at exactly 8:00 PM every night.
Shanna had ditched me.  Her life was her education, pathetic right?  I apparently no longer met her 'friend expectations'.  I never knew Shanna could be such a bitch.  She didn't seem like that when we were kids.  Whatever, I didn't need her anyways.  I had new friends now and it was way more fun hanging out with them.
Yes, I'll admit there were times when I would look in the mirror and hate what I saw.  There were times when I hated what I had become, but I was having too much fun to stop and go back to the way I was before.  This was the new me, and this was how it would stay.  The music industry doesn't want some boring straight A nerd.
Whenever mom would pass me in the house she'd always throw me a supportive smile, and it made me sick to my stomach.  It was obvious my parents had stopped understanding me as I soon as I turned 13, I wasn't falling for her stupid gestures and acts of support.  Dad was a complete jerk and wouldn't even speak to me when he saw me, but it doesn't matter since he's dead now.  I didn't even waste my time attending his funeral, I was out drinking with my friends and having fun.
As soon as I turned 18 I moved into my own apartment.
It was perfect.  It was expensive as hell, but perfect.  There was a room downstairs for band rehearsals also.
The only downside what that it was so lonely, but I was a loner anyways so it wasn't that bad.  It was just a little odd owning a 4 bedroom apartment and being the only one living there.
I made quite the profit playing guitar at the park.  I had also been offered a job in the music career as Fan, which I gladly accepted.  This job was just the beginning of what I wanted to be someday, a famous Rockstar.
One night as I was sitting in my apartment lobby listening to a band practice my phone had began ringing.  I answered it and it turned out to be Shanna.
     "Uhm hello Damien," she said awkwardly.
     "Yes?" I replied.
     "I'm having a party tonight and I was wondering if you would like to attend.  It starts at eight."
     "Uh well I'll have to sneak out of work a little early, but sure."
     "Ok!" she said, then hung up.
Weird, why would Shanna invite me to a party of hers?
So at about 6 I snuck out of work.  I know that seems early, but I stopped at the local club to get a few drinks before I went to the party.
I left the club at about 7:30 and went to the party.  I was actually really glad to see Shanna again, it had been such a long time.  I smiled and greeted her, but she didn't say anything.
The look on her face was serious, she seemed a bit angry.
     "You haven't changed at all, have you..." she sighed disappointed.
     "Uh excuse me?" I said confused.
     "Damien stop pretending that this is you.  The Damien I remember would never act like this.  You skipped your own father's funeral Damien.  I can smell the alcohol on you.  Damien, why?" she asked, she seemed almost close to tears.
     "Who do you think you are, my mother?!  Shanna I'm not a kid anymore, I've grown up now.  What I do is none of your concern or business, don't tell me how to live my life!" I growled angrily back at her.
I could see the tears forming in her eyes and she quickly turned her head and walked past me.
     "Whatever, sorry for caring," she whispered.
I didn't say anything, I just stood there.  

I didn't see Shanna for the whole rest of the party.

2 comments:

  1. I love the teenage attitude, fits perfect with your character. Cant wait till the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete