Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chapter 2; Living the Dream, Well Almost

I was on my way to work when I met her.  I had missed my carpool and I wasn't in the mood to pay for a cab so I decided to walk.  I had never made a better decision.  As soon as I saw her I had an overpowering urge to go and talk to her, so I did.
     "Hello, the weather is lovely today, but not as lovely as you are," I grinned cheesily.
     "Damien Grey, right?" she said.  "I'm going to pretend that you never said that."
     "Wait how do you know my name?"
     "Your name has been floating around town Damien, you're a bit of a celebrity you know," she replied.
We continued to talk for a while longer until I really needed to get going again.  I didn't want to be late for work.  I did manage to find out a bit about her though,  her name was Leah French and she was new to Sunset Valley.
     "Leah I have to go to work now but I would appreciate it if you dropped by to vist my apartment later.  If I'm as famous as you claim you should have no trouble finding it," I said.
     "Fine, I think I can mange," she said.
After work I was pleased to see that Leah had actually came.
     "So did you have trouble finding the place sweetheart?" I asked her playfully.
     "Not really, it's the only apartment in town that's big enough to suit your ego," she said.
     "Well you're here now so let's go upstairs, shall we?"
     "Actually I'm really enjoying the music down here, can we stay?"
     "Sure, I'm a virtuoso myself," I smiled.
We talked about our interests and likes and dislikes for a while and it turned out that we had a lot in common.
     "Well Damien I have to go run some errands now but I actually enjoyed talking to you," she said.
     "Aw, alright Leah," I replied sadly.
She scribbled something down a piece of paper and handed it to me.
     "Here's my number, try not to call it too much," she winked.
     "Okay, well bye," I smiled, nervously accepting the slip of paper.
She came over again the next day, and I didn't even have to ask her.
     "Hey Damien, I was jogging past so I decided to drop in and visit," she greeted after I buzzed her into my apartment.
     "Well I'm glad you did," I smiled.
Just the sight of her made my stomach turn to butterflies.
    "Well Damien I actually came here to make something clear to you.  Obviously, you're interested in me.  I'm not saying that I'm not interested in you too, but I can't handle this Damien.  You're famous and I don't think that I could date a celebrity.  There would be too much pressure put on us and Damien you'll be seeing so many beautiful girls and I'm not sure if I'd be able to trust you.  I'm sorry Damien," she said.
    "If that's what you want Leah," I sighed, lowering my head.
    "Thank you, I suppose I should be getting back to my run now.  Please don't call me unless you're interested in just having a friendship, okay?"
I nodded, it felt like my heart had dropped through the floor.
I decided to disobey her words anyways and I invited her over the next day, just as a 'friend'.  She accepted.
I had a trick up my sleeve though, my guitar.  There was no way she'd be able to resist me after the song I was going to play just for her.
And it worked, I took her hands afterwards and she didn't pull them away.  The look in her eyes told me she was under my spell.
     "Leah, I promise I won't let fame get in the way of us.  I'll be completely faithful to you," I said.
     "Damien I don't kn-" she managed to say, before I cut her off.
I kissed her before she could say anything else.  The sparks flew like fireworks and I could tell she felt the same way I did.
We spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch.  Everything was perfect, except for the argument with Shanna that was still fresh on my mind.  I didn't want to worry about that though, I wanted to enjoy every second with Leah.
     "Damien, do you really promise not to let the fame get to your head?  I'm really stepping out on a limb here," she asked, the fear in her eyes scared even me.
I wasn't sure how I'd handle the fame, I wasn't a huge celebrity yet but it was coming and we both knew it.
     "Leah, of course I promise," I replied confidently even though on the inside I was completely unsure.

1 comment:

  1. I really like Damien - I love leah's hair. I hope it works out for them :)

    ReplyDelete