Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chapter 8; An End

It was my son that had gained a new reputation around town, and it definitely wasn't a good one.  People would whisper, gossip and rumors flew all around town about him.  He was constantly being arrested for many things.  Whether it was staying out past curfew, doing drugs, sneaking into private property, sneaking into concerts etc.  I was starting to grow ashamed of calling him my son.  Cesar was beyond that, he pretty much denied even knowing his own child.
It all began after he started befriending a new group of kids.  He would stay out late and hang out with them.  Often after being with them he would come home (driven by police) smelling of alcohol and other illegal substances.
He had even drifted away from Shanna, his 'old' best friend.  The two never talked anymore and I never saw them together.  I had hoped they would stay friends and she'd be able to talk sense to him, but no such luck.  She wouldn't even associate with him.  She was a good girl, it was understandable that she wouldn't want to have anything to do with a bad influence like my son.  I just don't understand what happened to him, he used to be so happy and innocent.  Where did it all go wrong?
Though almost everything about him had changed, one thing stayed the same.  His love for music.  At least there was one part left inside of that body that reminded me he was my son.  The rest of him was unrecognizable to me.
Though nothing I feel is important any longer, for this is the end of my chapter.  I have achieved all of my wishes and there is nothing left for me to do.  Damien is now in charge of carrying on the family name.  I wish him luck, I really do.

1 comment:

  1. looks like damiens generation is going to be fun - i can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete