Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chapter 4; Surprise?

Like Shanna had said, Leah came over about a week later, and I was so happy about it.  I pulled her into a hug as soon as I saw her and thankfully she hugged me back.
      "I didn't take advantage of you Leah, I promise," I said.  "I'd never do that."
     "I k-know.  I'm sorry about leaving like that, I was just so confused and I had a horrible headache and yeah," she said nervously.  "Let's just forget about it, okay?"
     "Okay," I smiled.
We went upstairs and I gathered the courage to ask her something I'd been meaning to ask her for a while.
I got down on one knee and held out a box, she knew what this was and her mouth opened wide.
     "I was planning to make this more romantic, but I can't wait anymore.  Leah French from the moment I laid eyes on you I was in love,  um will you marry me?" I asked nervously, my hands were shaking badly, I had never been this nervous before in my entire life.
      "Yes!  Of course!" she said, the expression on her face was priceless.  I was so relieved.
I will never forget the way she looked at that ring on her finger.  I had never been happier, or at least that's what I thought.
We decided to get married right there, we didn't want a big wedding and the only one I would really want to be at my wedding was Shanna.  Leah didn't have many friends yet either since she hadn't been living in Sunset Valley for a very long time.  She was fine with it, she didn't want paparazzi overrunning the wedding anyways.
She got a job as a paper girl first thing in the morning, it was nice to have someone else helping to pay the apartment's high rent.
I was in a good mood for a change so I donated 1000 simoleans to a charity, very unlike me but I felt good about it.
Leah liked to think that she was the one changing me, and I sort of believed she was.
One night while we were cuddling on the couch watching a movie Leah turned to face me with a nervous expression on her face.
     "What's the matter?" I asked her.
     "Well I, uh, have some news."
     "Did you get that promotion you were working so hard for?"
     "No, I'm p-pregnant," she stuttered.
     "That's wonderful news!" I lied, my heart sinking through the floor.
Truth is, I realized something as soon as she had said it.  Looking back I wasn't sure if I actually loved her, I married her out of pure guilt for rejecting her offer to move in and making her think I took advantage of her.  She wasn't the one changing me, Shanna was.  But I was stuck now and there was no way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment