Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chapter 5; Pleasant Surprises

Because we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend now, Cesar's family wanted to meet me.  I would have loved to have Cesar meet my family too, but I didn't really have any family left.  Both of my parents had passed away and my brothers were busy with their own lives.  I was more than excited to get to know his family though. 

His sister had greeted me almost as soon as I had arrived.
     "Hello Miranda, I've been so excited to finally meet you.  Cesar has told us so much about you!"
Aww, he talks about me I thought to myself, and then snapped back into reality.
     "It's nice to meet you too!" I replied happily.

We continued to talk for a while and she told me many things about Cesar that I didn't know, like his favorite recipe, his favorite music, and many other important things that a girlfriend needs to know about her boyfriend.  I had fun talking to her and I knew that we were going to be good friends eventually.
When I walked into the enormous house (he lived in a mansion) Cesar walked up to me almost immediately.
     "Miranda, I had no idea you were coming, what a pleasant surprise!" he said joyfully.
     "Well your sister invited me over."
He looked at Alana, she winked at him and then turned away giggling.
     "Oh, so this is the lovely Miranda we've heard so much about!  She's beautiful Cesar!  You two are bound to produce adorable little grandchildren for me to spoil," his mother cut him off.
     "Er, thank you," I laughed.
Cesar stood there awkwardly, shaking his head with a smile.  I loved his family already, they were quite a lively bunch of people.
His vampire father then approached me.
     "You take good care of our little boy alright?  And remember, the key to a man's heart is through his stomach, which should be no problem since I've heard you're quite the cook.  Isn't that right Cesar?" his dad said.
Cesar blushed and looked down.  I found it adorable how his family was embarrasing him.

I had a wonderful time hanging out with Cesar's family, but sadly I had to go to work.
I hugged Cesar goodbye, and his mother smiled at us.
     "Bye Cesar, I had a great time."
     "I'm glad, it was nice to see you Miranda."
With that I bid his family farewell and walked out the door.  I hated leaving, his family was amazing, it was easy to sense the love and closeness this family shared.
By the end of the week I had managed to master my athletic skills and I was given a certificate to prove it.  I was so proud of my accomplishment!  Now all that was left was mastering my logic skills, and I was already almost halfway done with that goal.  My life was slowly, but surely beginning to fall into place.
I was continuing to see Cesar as often as possible, but he had gotten a new job and was always having to leave.  I felt like we weren't able to see eachother enough, and there was only one solution to this problem.
During one of his visits I finally asked him.
     "Cesar, I feel like we hardly get to see eachother anymore with your new job and all.  I was wondering if maybe you'd like to move in?"
 
     "Oh, Miranda that's a big decision...  But sure, I'd love to," he smiled.
 
Now we were able to see eachother all the time, and it was great.  Asking him to move in with me was one of the best things I've ever done. 
Cesar had changed so much, and he was an amazing boyfriend.  He worked hard at work and brought home a lot of money too.  It was true what his father had said to me, Cesar adored my cooking and ate whatever I made.  My life living with Cesar was perfect.
But I was starting to get sick more and more often.  Cesar was concerned, but I knew what was wrong.  I was probably pregnant.
I went to the doctor's to confirm it, and it was true, I was pregnant.  I was so excited.  I'm gonna be a mom!  As soon as I got home after my appointment I told Cesar the great news.
    "Guess what!"
    "What?" he asked.
    "I'm pregnant!"
    "Oh Miranda that's fantastic!  I'm going to be a dad!" he announced proudly.
    "Yep!" I squealed, the happiness constricting my throat.
I couldn't believe that I was about to have a family of my own.
Cesar was very supportive of my pregnancy and he always drove me to the spa whenever my back was in pain.
 
I could tell that he was really happy about being a father, he was constantly feeling my stomach for kicks.
     "Miranda, I saw something quite interesting outside by the pond.  I think you should come check it out," he said.
     "Sure, but what is it?"
     "You'll have to come see for yourself."
He led me outside and then stopped by the pond, then he got down on one knee and pulled out a black box.
     "Miranda Grey, in the past, I never would have imagined proposing marriage but you were the only woman out there able to change me, Miranda I love you more than any words can describe.  Will you marry me?"
He opened the box, revealing a beautiful ring.
    "Oh Cesar, of course I'll marry you!"
He smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen and then took my hand and slipped the ring onto my finger.
I hugged him tigher than ever before, not wanting to ever let go.  Cesar was the right choice after all.
Cesar and I were at the beach preparing for our wedding party that would take place in an hour when I went into labor.
Cesar began to freak out.
     "What about the wedding!?"
     "We'll have to reschedule, quick take me to the hospital!" I shrieked in pain.
This time it was me walking out of the hospital.  With the love of my life standing beside me, and my new baby boy Damien in my arms, I knew that my life was about to get even better.  I wished my parents could have been here, they would have been so proud of me and so excited to meet Damien.
As soon as we got home Cesar began to call of the guests at the party and reschedule.  I felt bad that we had never showed up, but I hoped that they would understand.  I marched right up the stairs and introduced Damien to his new home.  I snuggled him close and whispered softly into his ear, "Welcome home baby boy."

1 comment: