Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chapter 1; Small Beginnings

As soon as I turned eighteen my parents quickly bought me my own house in Sunset Valley and gave me a week to be out of theirs and into my new one.  I didn't even have time to see the house before moving in.  My brother and father had been here earlier though to drop off some old furniture.  From the outside, I could tell the house wasn't in very good condition and it was very old.  However, I was still excited about being out on my own and living in my own home.
I took my first step into my new life, and my heart stopped.  I was horrified.  I could easily see how my parents were able to buy this place so cheap.  It was hideous.  I couldn't believe this was the place my family had wanted me to live in.  It made me sick to my stomach.  Yet somehow I smiled.  It was all I could do to keep myself from crying.
The kitchen was terrible.  It was filthy and worn out.  The paint was chipping off the counters and grime was built up on the tops of them.  The ugly green paint on the fridge was peeling off as well.  The oven was speckled with burned spots and rust.  I couldn't believe that this was the kitchen I was going to use to cook my meals.  The very thought of cooking nauseated me even more.
The bathroom was probably worse than any other room in the house though.  I couldn't tell if it was supposed to look filthy and brown or not.  I did find it quite humorous that the toilet was the only spotless new thing in the house.  I could tell just by looking at the sink and shower that I was most likely going to have plumbing problems.  I couldn't believe this.  It was going to take forever, and tons of money, to replace everything.
Upstairs it wasn't that bad.  I found that my bed and computer were here, I was very thankful my parents remembered to bring those here.  I immediately went on the computer to play a few games and help relax myself.  Computers were always a great way to help me unwind, and for a while I was very calm and distracted but that was until my stomach began to growl.
To my surprise, the Mac n' Cheese I had to decided to make didn't turn out as badly as I had thought it would.  In fact the appliances ran very well for being so old.  It was at that moment that I realized maybe this new house wouldn't be as bad as I thought.  Living on my own had many advantages.  From now on I was going to do what I wanted, everything was going to be about me, and not my stupid family.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment