Monday, March 21, 2011

Chapter 4; A Big Change

As I made more and more money and did better and better in my job, I decided it was time for an upgrade in my home.  It had taken a good couple of months, but eventually the builders had successfully added onto my once small and unbearable home.  My bedroom and bathroom had been redone, and I even added a living room.  It was the perfect house for me!
Cyclon3 and I had hour long conversations almost every night before I went to bed.  I loved talking to him.  Well I loved Cyclon3 in general, though I still had never said it to him before.  The next time he came over I would tell him, after all we had been dating for a long time now.  He'd told me he loved me many times before, but I wasn't sure if I could believe him.  Hopefully it was true.
After many long weeks, I had finally earned another promotion.  I was so happy, I had called Cyclon3 right away to tell him the good news.  He wanted to come over, and who was I to oblige?
We had a lovely romantic evening together, and by the end of the night, we had wound up cuddling on my bed.  I found this to be the perfect moment to tell Cyclon3 how I really felt.
     "Cylcon3 I know I've never said it before, but that was to make sure that I meant it when I did," I confessed. "But I love you."
     "You know I've said it many times before, I love you too Raven, and I've meant it every single time I've said it.  Trust me."
     "Cyclon3, I never really got to thank you properly for my kitchen," I giggled suggestively.  I had always been taught to 'wait until marriage' but right now I didn't give a crap.  I was a grown woman and I could take care of myself.
Apparently Cyclon3 had a better moral judgement than I did though. 
     "Uhh no thanks Raven, I mean it's not that I don't want to, I was just taught to wait, you know?" he said awkwardly.
     "Oh, uhh yeah you're right."
I respected his decision but the rejection still stung a little bit.
After a very long awkward silence Cyclon3 quickly jumped up.    
      "Well I uhhmm have to go.  I have a job interview tomorrow, so bye." 
      "Right, bye," I said.
After a long week of no contact with Cyclon3, It was finally our 1 year anniversary, I decided I'd call him and ask him out to eat.  I had a little surprise planned.

When we got there we both ordered our favorite meals and ate quietly.  I waited until we were done eating before I asked Cyclon3 the big question.

I got down on one knee, and Cyclon3 looked at me with a blank expression, though I could tell he knew perfectly well what was going to happen next.
     "Cyclon3 Sw0rd, I know this is perhaps quite sudden, and we haven't really been dating that long, but I love you with all of my heart and I can't stand being away from you.  I'm confident that you're the only one out there for me, so please Cyclon3, will you marry me?" I asked with a cheesy grin.
I watched in ecstacy as his face lit up with delight and shock as I pulled out the ring I had bought.
     "Yes, of course Raven," he said with the biggest smile I had ever seen on his perfect face.
He couldn't stop admiring his ring.  I had never been so happy before in my life.
He squeezed me in for a hug with such an intense force I was sure I had bruised a rib.  But I had loved every second of that painful hug.  I loved any second I could spend with Cyclon3.  We were to be wed on the beach at sunset.  We decided a private wedding was the way to go, since both of us were incredibly shy.
Before work the next day, I made it a priority to add more to my novel.  I had so much more to write, I couldn't contain the big ideas forming in my small skull.
I met Cyclon3 at the beach exactly on time.  The sky was beautiful.  It was the exact same color as it was that evening that me and Cyclon3 had our first kiss.  The wonderful memories had overwhelmed me, and that's when I knew that I had made the right choice of marrying Cyclon3.  We were made for eachother.
We watched the sun set, and once it was almost down we had started to say our vows.  We exchanged rings shortly afterwards, and at that moment I knew my life was almost complete.  I had the man of my dreams, all that was left was the career of my dreams.  And everything else in between of course, but I had plenty of time to worry about all that later.
We celebrated our first night together as husband and wife properly of course.  The thing I was looking forward too the most though was simply falling asleep in his arms tonight.

Cyclon3 had wanted a more husbandly look, and after a good makeover I thought he had achieved that look very well.  Ladies and gentlemen meet the new and improved Cylcon3 Sw0rd, well Cyclon3 Grey.
Time at home with Cyclon3 just wasn't enough though, and Cyclon3 had decided to get a job in the journalism career too so that we could spend even more time together.  We had both been doing so well and earning enough money that we had enough to hire a maid!  (I was very thankful that I no longer had to do the cleaning around the house.)
I had been doing great in my career though, and had even earned another promotion.  As of now I only had four more promotions left in order to reach my dream.  Still, I couldn't help but feel that something else was missing.  I wanted a baby, but I didn't know how Cyclon3 would take my suggestion.
I figured that I would approach the topic after dinner.
     "Cyclon3, have you ever considered having kids before?" I asked him.
     "Well yes, I'll admit the thought had crossed my mind.  But I don't think I'm ready to be a father yet, our house is still too small as well," he replied.
     "Yeah I suppose you're right," I agreed, but deep down I guess I was a little disappointed.  I wanted to start a family so badly.
Cyclon3 came home one day with great news, he had gotten a promotion, and was walking around with a stride of pride.  But I was especially excited about the news because then we'd have the extra money we'd need to buy a new house.  I had a surprise myself for Cyclon3.
Well I guess it wasn't really a shock for Cyclon3 to find out I was pregnant.  I was overjoyed, and I could tell he was excited to become a parent too.  He was terrified, but nonetheless excited.  One small problem though, I wanted a boy and he wanted a girl.   I guess we'd just have to let fate decide.











3 comments:

  1. wow - doesn't Cylon3 look so different without his had and glasses - a sunset charactor ive never played with!! loving this story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I was quite surprised when I found out what Cyclon3 really looked like too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Apparently Cyclon3 had a better moral judgement than I did though." I could not stop laughing at that. I can't wait to see what the baby looks like.

    ReplyDelete