Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chapter 6; A Family Grows

Blake was much more of a handful than Miranda was.  He would constantly wake Cyclon3 and I up in the middle of the night with his loud cries.  I loved him to death but I would really enjoy some sleep for once.  Being a mother was not an easy job and Miranda and Blake always kept me on my toes.
Blake's birthday arrived very quickly, and I hated seeing my baby boy grow up so fast.  With my two fantastic children growing up at this rate, it got me thinking, one more baby wouldn't hurt.  It sounded crazy in my head, but this family just didn't feel complete yet.
Blake was an adorable toddler, he had inherited a nice mixture of me and Cyclon3's genes just like Miranda had.  I could tell he was going to be handsome when he grew up.
Cyclon3 had not hesitated to teach Blake the basic skills of life.  Miranda had already learned all of her skills.  That gave us plenty of time to just focus on teaching Blake what he needed to know.
I had even managed to convince Cyclon3 into having one more child.  We were both very excited about being parents once more.
Soon it was Miranda's birthday again.  I was so proud of what a brilliant little girl Miranda was.  I had confidence that she would be a very well behaved straight A student once she started school.
Of course she was a beautiful girl, but she was starting to resemble me a bit more than Cyclon3.  She definitely had his eyes though.
Miranda started school the next day and she was extremely excited about it, like most young children. I offered her a ride to school but she declined and took the bus instead.  Most children are scared to death about starting school but apparently Miranda was too brave.  She didn't seem nervous at all in fact!
I went into labor at the worst time that day.  Cyclon3 was at work and Miranda was at school so it was just me and Blake.  I quickly called up a baby sitter and rushed myself to the hospital.  I had done this before so I was a lot calmer this time around.
It wasn't long before we welcomed baby Mitchell into the Grey family.  Unfortunately we didn't have an extra bedroom for Mitchell but Blake was fine with sharing his.  He was happy to have a little brother, as was Miranda.  I was even happier to have a baby in the family again.
Miranda was very responsible and independent.  She did all of her school work without being told and she always cleaned up after herself.  She was a very well mannered young woman.  I hoped she acted this way once she became a teenager.
Cyclon3 had managed to earn enough money at work to help pay for this lovely addition to our house.  A nice new living room set since our last one was stolen by a burglar.  We also made sure to buy a burglar alarm.
Miranda always brought friends over from school, she was quite the social butterfly.  I found it rather strange this time though that Miranda's friend Nichol was wearing the exact same thing as Miranda.  It was cute, but odd.
I was beginning to get very stir crazy from being stuck inside the house on maternity leave for so long and Cyclon3 suggested taking me out for dinner at the Bistro.  I was more than happy to accept that offer, it had been a long time since we had the chance to spend some time alone together.
Sadly Mitchell couldn't stay a baby forever, and he grew up.  He bore a strong resemblance to Cyclon3.  Cyclon3 was so happy to have a son that looked just like him.  My family was growing too quickly for me to keep up!
Even Blake had celebrated his birthday.  He still appeared to be a mix of me and Cyclon3.  He was a little more carefree and laid back than Miranda.
Blake got along very well with his sister and the two loved to play tag together.  It amazed me at how well my children got along.  Not many siblings get along like mine do.
Miranda grew into a beautiful teenage girl who looked even more like me than before.  She got a part-time job as a Bookstore Clerk almost as soon as she was old enough.  Words cannot express how proud I am of that child.  She's amazing in every way, just like all of my children.
But after my very long maternity leave, I had to get back to work.  I was so happy to be back and working again.  I still needed those four promotions before my life was complete. 

2 comments:

  1. Miranda is definitely the most beautiful born in-game sim I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete